Thursday, July 12, 2012
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
- I love heat even though it's hard to sleep.
- I love that flip-flops go with everything (this might be just me).
- I love all the summer clothes (even though combinations like this are off limits to at the moment), and on that note...
- I love how, paradoxically, I have better body image during the summer. Once you strip down to a bikini for the first time that year, and remember, once again, that people really care only how they look, it's all the same. All of a sudden I feel really good in my body... though probably because that is what there is, there is no "dressing slim" or hiding. That is it and it's liberating.
- I love watermelon every day breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- I love cucumber.
- I luuurve tomatoes.
- I love that I can just let my hair dry in the air (but with dubious results to be honest).
- I love that everything seems to be more carefree. Everyone baring their legs and arms makes even work seem less serious and less hard.
- I love that when I work from home I basically walk all day in a bikini.
- I love that I have at least the possibility of beach, even if I don't get there as much as I would love.
- I love that next year (every year it's next year) am gonna get a house next to the beach and will work from there and every morning and every afternoon I will go for a swim and rest of the day can go as it pleases with all the usual shit and I will be much much happier just because I was swimming that morning.
- I love when people come back from holidays and are happier than you've seen them entire year before.
- I love that ice cream is not comfort food anymore, but something you genuinely physically need (don't even try to fight me on this one!)
- I love the cloudless skies
- I love summer love. It somehow exists in the bubble of non reality, where fall seems ages away, like another lifetime when you will not be able to as free as you are in the summer and when life will be harder. It's so much easier to be in love in the summer, easier to have googly eyes for each other, easier to believe it could always be this easy.
- and in the end I love brightness that is life in the summer.