Wednesday, September 19, 2012
How did Fashion Fringe go you ask
Well let me tell you... and will start with the bad part:
- In some weird twist of fate they didn't have hot pink tights anywhere on Oxford street. I know should have goon to Camden, but after that energy vampire of Oxford street sucked the last drop of my energy I was left a broken woman. A very irritable zombie. So purple ones it was. Which was okeyish I guess...
- Somehow I got the one slow girl in Hershesons to do my hair which kind of moved everything to be last minute. Then I started walking down Regent street trying to hail a cab but this was not happening. I ended up walking all the way to Somerset house with wind "playfully" messing up my hair and undoing the last 45 minutes of brush, hairdryer and Elnett work resulting in me coming to fashion week with messed up hair. NOT how I imagined it.
- Unfortunately the postcards that Shopstyle provided us with for the sketching wasn't compatible with my brush pen so it made work a bit harder. Sad smiley.
- My hands were shaking soooo much.
And now for the good part:
- The company last night was so great. The girls from Shopstyle, Cherish PR and Zarina were such lovely company. Everybody was so nice, so relaxed and so encouraging. They really made something which could have been very nerve wracking for me into a very pleasurable evening.
- People at the pre-show drinks were so delighted with someone drawing them and sooo cooperative. Whoever I asked if they would like to be sketched said yes.
- Some of the drawings I really loved but unfortunately don't have a picture of them. So if someone I made a pic of last night finds their way to the blog please tweet the pic (with you in it off course :-)) as I would love to have them.
- I got to draw Hillary Alexander. But you probably know this already as I managed to brag about it 3 times already since last night. Don't judge me: I really like and respect her and it was such a privilege that she allowed me to sketch her. Only problem is ( and you can count this in the upper bad category) the drawing I gave her wasn't as good as the one I made later on the show.
- I really really love drawing people. I should definitely do this more often
- And yes the fashion show was great. My favorite was Teija Eilola.
I think this is pretty much that. I am sure am missing on a bunch of details but that's life for you.